Commonwealth Law Ministers Meeting (CLMM)
Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania, 04 – 08 March 2024
1. Tanzania is honored and privilege to host a Meeting of the Commonwealth Law Ministers from the 4th to the 8th of March to be held in Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania.
2. The Commonwealth Law Ministers Meeting (CLMM) will convene under the theme: ‘How Digitisation Paves the Way for the Development of People-Centre Access to Justice’.
This theme will provide a platform for law Ministers of Commonwealth countries to discuss how technology and innovation have potentially advanced equitable access to justice by creating more streamlined and accessible processes and ensuring the scalable, transparent, responsive, innovative, and data-driven transformation of justice systems.
3. In line with the theme, the primary objective of CLMM is to advance Commonwealth consensus and cooperation and to enable Law Ministers to set clear directions on a range of legal, rule of law and justice issues of mutual interest to member countries.
4. The work of Law Ministers, through the CLMM, supports the promotion of good governance, rule of law, human rights and climate justice while accelerating progress towards the sustainable development goals set out in the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development
DATES AND VENUE
The 2024 Commonwealth Law Ministers Meeting (CLMM), hosted by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, will be held on 04 – 08 March 2024. The following key events will be held during this period:
- Senior Officials of Law Ministries (SOLM) Meeting – Monday 04 March 2024
- Minister of Constitutional and Legal Affairs’ Opening Ceremony and Gala Dinner – Monday 04 March 2024
- Commonwealth Law Ministers Meeting – Tuesday 05 March 2024 – Friday 08 March 2024
- Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Evening Reception – Thursday 7 March 2024
All meetings will be held in-person at in the conference facilities of the Emerald Resort & Spa, Zanzibar, United Republic of Tanzania
The Commonwealth Secretariat will manage the registration of all delegates attending CLMM, including all side events and social events. We ask that, where possible, member governments nominate one representative to complete the registration process for their delegation using the following link: REGISTRATION. Upon registration, delegates will receive a confirmation email and a separate invitation to Commonwealth Connects. Registration must be completed by Monday 19 February 2024.For any assistance with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Conference Officer.
There are many other attractions in Tanzania depending on your interests, such as cultural and historical sites, hiking and trekking destinations, and more. I recommend doing further research to find the best attractions that suit your travel preferences. For more information visit TANZANIA TOURISM and BRAND TANZANIA.
For more details on the Meeting and Hotel arrangement visit Meeting Information
Emerald Resort & Spa